The Scissor Girls were a noise-rock, experimental, no wave, punk trio from Chicago, Illinois. The idea to form the group was conceived during the late eighties by both Azita Youssefi, and Heather Melowic when they were living in their hometown of Washington, DC. In 1989 Youssefi met SueAnne Zollinger while attending the Art Institute of Chicago. Youssefi, Zollinger, and Melowic would go on to release 2 albums and go on various nation-wide tours, until Zollinger decided to call it quits in 1994. She was replaced by Kelly Kuvo, who was a long time friend of the band. With the new lineup, they would go on and release their 1996 album We People Space With Phantoms on the Atavistic record label.
The trio disbanded later that year due to financial issues. Azita went on to form Bride of No-No and to record and perform as a solo artist.
* Hey Diablo! (7” EP, MonkeyTech, 1993)
* From: The Scissor Girls To: The Imaginary Layer On Skeletons (LP, Quinnah, 1994)
* We People Space With Phantoms (LP/CD, Atavistic, 1995)
* New Tactical Outline Sec. 1 (7” EP, SG Research, 1995)
* New Tactical Outline Sec. 2 (7” EP, SG Research, 1995)
* So That You Can Start To See What S-T-A-T-I-C-L-A-N-D (10” EP, Load, 1996)
* Here is the “Is-Not” (CD, Atavistic, 1997)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia