Kids on TV are a Canadian punk-house queercore band from Toronto.
The group consists of John Caffery on bass and vocals, Minus Smile on drums, electronics and vocals, Wolf (Scott Kerr) on guitar and vocals, and Roxy (Roxanne Luchak) on keyboard and vocals. The band is known for performing outside of the usual venues, such as bars, and have appeared at steambaths and film festivals, among other places. In 2005, they collaborated with Boy George on a remix of their song "Breakdance Hunx". That same year, their remix of the song "Bitchsy" by Lesbians On Ecstasy appeared on Giggles In The Dark, an LP devoted to remixes of Lesbians On Ecstasy's songs by various artists. Kids on TV's version features Maggie MacDonald (of the bands The Hidden Cameras and Republic of Safety) as well as samples from the song "All Women Are Bitches" by Fifth Column, which had originally inspired the Lesbians On Ecstasy song.
The group also makes films which have been screened at various film festivals throughout North America. As well, John Caffery appears in John Cameron Mitchell's 2006 film Shortbus.
Kids on TV collaborated with Ohbijou for a concert on the CBC Radio One series Fuse in early 2007.
After a long delay, they released their second album "Pantheon" on September 4, 2012. The album's song "Bobby" features Diamond Rings and Snax.
- "36 Pills" on Toronto is Great, Blocks Recording Club LP, 2004
- "Bitchsy" on Giggles In The Dark, Lesbians On Ecstasy remixes, Alien8 Recordings vinyl LP, 2005
- "Breakdance Hunx (Market Value Mix)" on Girl Monster, Chicks On Speed Records vinyl EP, 2006
- "Breakdance Hunx (PSBEUYS PNP Mix)" on Friends in Bellwoods, Out of This Spark, 2007
- "Poison" on Friends in Bellwoods 2, Out of This Spark, 2009
- Mixing Business With Pleasure, Blocks Recording Club, 2007
- Pantheon, Blocks Recording Club, 2012
- Shape Shifting Mutants, Chicks on Speed Records, 2009
- Official Site
- at MySpace
- at New Music Canada