Our Guest this week is Dr Ken Berry. Dr Ken is a Board Certified Family Physician and Fellow in The American Academy of Family Physicians. He has been practicing Family Medicine in rural Tennessee for over a decade, and has seen over 20,000 patients in his career so far. You might know him from his popular You Tube channel where he has videos about low-carb/ketogenic/carnivore diets, intermittent fasting, thyroid health, hormone optimization and much more. He says he has declared all-out war on the epidemics of hyperinsulinemia, diabetes and obesity currently hurting our world, and hurting your health.
Dr. Berry leads us in a common sense discussion about health and the lies we are told by health care professionals. His personal transformation from a doctor who didn’t know any better when it came to nutrition, to his current role as a proper human diet nutrition advocate gives us insight and understanding into the reasons we are unhealthy as a nation and globally.
If you’ve been curious about intermittent fasting for weight loss or for skin health, you’ll want to hear this chat. The bottom line, insulin is a growth hormone! When insulin is present, things are growing – whether it’s your waistline or skin cells, it all stems from too much insulin or, chronic hyperinsulinemia. Listen in for Dr. Berry’s tips on how to get started with reducing insulin with intermittent fasting and meal spacing.
- New Study: Time Restricted Eating Has Health Benefits Beyond Weight Loss
- I’m A Plastic Surgeon: This Is The Biggest Bang For Your Buck For Youthful Skin
- ‘I Thought My Skin Tags Were an STD — But They’re Actually Harmless’
Try Cacao Bliss and save 15% with this link and code LOWCARB Cacao Bliss original contains the genuine power of organic raw cacao which encases a host of healthful benefits. It brings you the best form of chocolate that is all energy and clinically safe to promote lots of functions in your body. Cacao Bliss brings you the pleasure of eating chocolate without any fear of adding weight! It’s such a magical superfood that has absolutely no side effect rather this incredibly good chocolate is nourishing and supportive to strengthen the body against so many health problems.
This episode is sponsored by Outer Aisle Gourmet. To shop our favorite low carb, grain and gluten free Sandwich Thins and Pizza Crusts, click here and use code LOWCARBPODCAST at checkout to save 10% off your order
Mountain rose herbs is an online purveyor of the highest quality organically grown herbs and spices. Explore their products and tips and recipes for homemade tinctures and elixirs and Learn more about the company and the endless list of what you can order and create at Mountainroseherbs.com – Use code low carb 10 to save 10% off your order.
Learn more about becoming a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner here.
TRY the Nutritional Therapy 101 FREE 7 Day course and get a taste of what you can learn!
Ways you can help support the Podcast! We are truly appreciative of any support you can give to the podcast! Here are some ways you can help us reach more people each week:
- SUBSCRIBE to the podcast (if you don’t already) so it automatically downloads for you each week and you never miss an episode.
- REVIEW – Leave a review on Apple Podcasts – it does not take very long to do and this really helps get the podcast seen by others.
- RECOMMEND the podcast to your friends and family – recommendations from someone you know and trust are always invaluable.
- DONATE – If you love the show and our content, consider making a donation by clicking the “Donate” now Pay Pal button on the right side of the website.
- GET SOCIAL – Join the Facebook Group, like the Facebook Page, and NOW ON INSTAGRAM
- GO SHOPPING using any affiliate links we post if you are thinking of buying a book or product we mention or recommend.
We appreciate you, our listeners, and your support of the podcast allows us to reach more listeners, book amazing guests, and spread the messages of honest nutrition, health, and wellness. Thank you so much!
Low-Carb Conversations Production by Kevin Kennedy-Spaien of Disc Of Light Media. Theme and interstitial music: Out of It (Rambling Man Remixes) by Andrew Bowden (c) copyright 2011 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/andrewbowden/33629 Ft: Brad Sucks