With the stock market somewhat volatile, many people are looking for ways to make more money outside "traditional" means.
Alternative investments like real estate, tax liens, private mortgages and others might be the way to go. You might even be able to enjoy a tax advantage with a self-directed IRA.
But are these investments right for you?
Kirk Chisholm of Innovative Advisory Group joins us to talk about some of the alternative investments his clients choose, and what you need to know before you risk your hard-earned cash on the next big trend.
Important issues discussed in this episode:
- What are some alternative investments that are easy to understand?
- Practical ways to include alternative investments in your portfolio.
- What is a self-directed IRA, and what can you keep in it?
- Risks to be aware of before you invest in non-traditional assets.
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Kirk Chisholm | Innovative Advisory Group
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney