The three-legged retirement stool is broken. You can’t rely on Social Security and the pension system isn’t fool-proof. All that’s left is your own savings.
We’re joined by Andrew Meadows from BrokenEggsFilm.com, a documentary about the looming retirement crisis in America. We talk about how we got to this point and what you can do to shore up your own retirement. We also wade into the murky waters of public policy and try to figure out what can be done to fix the retirement system.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Why are we facing a retirement crisis in the United States?
- Will you be able to rely on Social Security for your future?
- What are some of the changes that are likely to affect you in terms of saving for retirement?
- Are there policy solutions that might make sense to fix retirement?
- What strategies can you use to protect your own retirement?
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special guest: Andrew Meadows from Broken Eggs Film
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney