Britta (also spelled Brita) is a female given name that is a variant of the Swedish name Birgitta, which is a form of the Irish Gaelic name Brighid (Bridget in English). The name Britta became popular in Scandinavia and Germany because of St. Bridget of Sweden.
People named Britta
- Brita Hagberg, Swedish soldier
- Britta Lejon, Swedish politician
- Brita Catharina Lidbeck, Swedish singer
- Britta Persson, Swedish singer/songwriter
- Britta Phillips, American musician, part of the band Dean and Britta
- Britta Steffen, German swimmer
- Brita Tott, Danish and Swedish landowner, spy, and forger
- Brita Zippel, Swedish alleged witch
- Maura and Britta, 4th-century Christian martyr
- Britta Perry, fictional character on the television series Community
- The Groovy Girls doll line, by Manhattan Toy, features a doll named Britta.
- 1219 Britta, asteroid named in 1932
- Brita, German company that specializes in water filtration products
- Brittas (disambiguation), place name and surname
- Coleman, Nancy L.; Veka, Olav (2010). . Univ of Wisconsin Press. p. 5. ISBN 9780299248345. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- Griffin, Jennifer (2011). . Workman Publishing. p. 38. ISBN 9780761158950. Retrieved January 22, 2013.