John Wort Hannam is a Canadian Folk Music musician, from Fort Macleod, Alberta. He was born on the Isle of Jersey of the British Channel Islands… John Wort Hannam is known for his story telling through music. Themes which are central to his music include life in Western Canada, and the human experience as seen through the eyes of simple working folk.[John was a full-time public school teacher until 2000. He has performed at festivals in Canada, the United States, Great Britain and Australia and he appeared at the 2006 Smithsonian Folklife Festival in Washington, D.C… In addition to singing, John plays guitar, tenor guitar and harmonica.
* 2007 New Folk Winner Kerrville Folk Festival
* 2007 Songwriting Competition Calgary Folk Music Festival
* 2006 Best Performance Calgary Folk Music Festival
* 2005 CBC Galaxie Rising Star Award Edmonton Folk Music Festival
* 2005 NCRA 2005 Dig Your Roots Songwriting Competition.
* 2004 Songwriting Competition Calgary Folk Music Festival
* Two Bit Suit April 10, 2007. Released on independent label Black Hen Music
* Dynamite and ‘dozers. June 16, 2004
* Pocket full of holes. July 17, 2002
* Queen’s Hotel 2009