Listen to the new "Unsung Stewards" podcast from The Rippel Foundation's ReThink Health Initiative.
California Attorney General Rob Bonta is investigating hospitals' software algorithms to help identify potential racial biases in the systems. Listen to Health Affairs' Jessica Bylander and Rob Lott discuss the background and research behind racial biases in health care algorithms.
ACT FAST AND SAVE: Health Affairs is offering 40% off for digital-only journal subscriptions and Insider/Unlimited memberships. Use code 40for40 to save 40% by 11:45 pm ET on December 2, 2022.
View the Anniversary Timeline celebrating 40+ years of advancing health policy.
- Dissecting Racial Bias in an Algorithm Used to Manage the Health of Populations (Science)
- Hidden In Plain Sight - Reconsidering The Use of Race Correction in Clinical Algorithms (NEJM)
- Podcast: Michael Sun on Racial Biases Hiding in EHRs (A Health Podyssey)
- The Potential For Bias in Machine Learning and Opportunities for Health Insurers to Address It (Health Affairs)
- Algorithmic Bias in Health Care: A Path Forward (Health Affairs Forefront)
- Leveraging Affordable Care Act Section 1557 to Address Racism in Clinical Algorithms (Health Affairs Forefront)