There is no denying the fact that developers are the key players in today’s fast-paced digital world. The tech sector is growing at a rapid pace and new opportunities keep emerging every day. If you are looking to hire Elixir developers, you are certainly not alone.
With more than 18,000 software developer job postings in the first half of this year alone, it is evident that demand for these professionals is only increasing. Additionally, demand for developers with expertise in specific programming languages like Elixir continues to grow as businesses see its value.
As such, if you currently have an open position or plan to hire a new team member in the foreseeable future, it is worthwhile to know about the different types of platforms available when seeking out potential new hires.
What is Elixir?
Elixir is an open-source, functional programming language that is designed with concurrency in mind. In short, concurrency involves multiple tasks being run at the same time, while also managing resources and guarding against issues that might arise from multiple tasks interfering with one another.
Elixir is designed to be used on both small and large-scale projects that require robustness and high scalability. It has been built with fault tolerance in mind, meaning that any piece of code that does not function as it should can be restarted without interrupting the entire system.
Top 5 Platforms to Find Elixir Developers
Hiring through platforms is becoming the norm for companies of all sizes. A 2018 survey found that 70% of companies with over 500 employees have hired their employees through online talent platforms in the previous 12 months.
When it comes to hiring Elixir developers, there are several platforms designed to help you find the right fit.
- Indeed Platforms
- Indeed Talent is one of the biggest online platforms that allow you to find the right candidate for your job. It has over 6 million job seekers registered across the globe. You can post your job there for free and will get access to more than 12 million resumes.
- Indeed Salary allows you to post your job and find the right candidates based on their salary range. It is a great place to find Elixir developers with different experience levels.
- Indeed Resume allows you to upload your existing resume and get in front of hiring managers.
- Indeed Remote allows you to find remote jobs and work from anywhere.
- Indeed Reviews is a platform that allows you to read reviews about companies and employees.
- Indeed Academic is designed for students and graduates with limited work experience.
- Indeed Corporate allows you to find employees for your company.
- Indeed Student is designed for students looking for work experience.
- Indeed Diversity is a platform dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech industry.
- Indeed Sponsored allows you to find candidates based on your specific requirements.
- Indeed Path allows job seekers to create a profile, get in front of hiring managers, and get hired for jobs.
- Indeed Resume Builder allows you to create a resume through an interactive process.
- Indeed Resume Review allows you to get feedback on your resume from experts.
- Indeed Career Advice is a platform that helps you get advice on career planning and job search techniques.
- Indeed Employers allow you to post jobs on the platform and find the right candidates.
- Indeed Visibility helps you increase your visibility on the platform and get hired easily.
Hiring Through Recruiting Agencies
Recruiting agencies are the most common source of hiring in the tech industry. They have their finger on the pulse of everything that is happening in the industry and can provide you with an array of talent to choose from.
There are many reputable agencies out there that specialize in finding talent for companies that need to fill a particular role. You can also use agencies if you are looking to fill multiple positions at once. Agencies can provide you with a range of services. This may include sourcing candidates, screening them through a structured process, providing you with detailed information about them, and helping you finalize the hiring decision.
Since agencies receive a fee for their services, it is important to choose one carefully. It is also important to select an agency that has experience in hiring for the position you need to be filled. Once you have determined which agencies are best suited for hiring Elixir developers, it is important to make sure they are actively working on your type of position.
Hiring Through a Headhunter
Headhunters make money by collecting a fee when they place an employee with a new company. While hiring through a headhunter may seem like a good way to get a quick hire, it isn’t the best idea. Headhunters, by their very nature, don’t have any loyalty to the companies they work for, so they may try to place you with the highest bidder.
Using a headhunter is a source of stress for both parties, as neither party may be happy if you are placed with a company that doesn’t suit your needs. Headhunters may have access to quality candidates for your job, but you don’t necessarily have any say in who they place you with. Not only that, but you will also have to pay a fee for their service, so it could end up costing you more than you would like.
Hiring Through a Recruiting Agency
If you are in the market for Elixir developers, several agencies specialize in hiring for the technology sector. These firms typically have a large database of potential candidates that they reach out to and screen thoroughly to find the right fit for your job.
There are many different ways to find the right recruiting agency for you. You can start by looking online at review websites to see which firms come up as top choices. You can also ask your current employees if they know of any firms that they would recommend.
It is important to make sure that the recruiting agency you choose is a good fit for your company. This means that you will want to make sure that you are as specific as possible about what you are looking for in a new hire when contacting agencies. A thorough screening process for candidates can make all the difference when hiring and finding the right agency for you can make all the difference.
Co-working Spaces for Developers
Co-working spaces are an excellent option if you are looking to hire an Elixir developer on a contract basis. These spaces are designed to help you find the right type of work environment and have become increasingly popular in recent years. There are many different types of co-working spaces to choose from. Some are purely virtual and exist solely online.
If you are looking for an elixir developer, you do not need to exhaust all options. Just keep a look out for all the above-mentioned platforms and you will have profiles to skim through sooner than you think!