Did you know that knowledge workers (thatâs us) waste up to 2.5 hours per day just looking for the information they need to do their jobs?
That means that time you spend hunting down a password, or searching through your email for the link to a meeting thatâs about to start, or wading through you Canva account looking for your logo adds up to as much as 10 hours every single week. It seems hard to believe, but those few minutes searching really do add up.
Over the course of a year, you may have wasted as much as 12 weeks worth of your precious time.
As a small business owner, thatâs disastrous for a lot of reasons. First, because you didnât start your business so you could work longer hours. You probably wanted more time freedom, not less. Not only that, but you probably went into business for yourself so you could do what you really love to doâ¦ and Iâm guessing that hunting for lost logos isnât high on your list of tasks you love.
Finally, if you manage a team (even a tiny one) then your wasted time is their wasted time, too. When you canât quickly put your hands on something they need, you end up paying them to wait while you look for it.
So what can you do to get more organized and save those 2.5 hours per day? I have three tools that will help in todayâs episode.
Prefer a transcript? Here you go!
What youâll learn in this episode:
- Why your biggest time-waster might not be Tik Tok after all
- How Iâm using Evernote to keep track of whatâs important in business and in life
- How Trello helps me keep track of brand assets, SOPs and more
- The tool that ensures I always know what to write about next
- My Plug-and-Play Trello Toolkit includes 18 done-for-you boards and six video lessons to get you started (available for a limited time).
- Six-Figure Systems is my monthly program where I teach online entrepreneurs how to create repeatable, profitable systems to grow their business. Click here to start your 7-day trial today.
- Evernote is where I keep everything I might need someday.
- Airtable is how I plan and manage all my content. You can copy my content planner here.
- Trello keeps my SOPs and brand assets organized and easily accessible.