How can object-oriented UX help designers solve complex product problems? Our guest today is Sophia Prater, UX designer and coach specializing in OOUX. You’ll learn why object-oriented thinking is well-suited for design processes, how a shared vocabulary enables collaboration, practical mapping tips, and more.
Download the MP3 audio file: right-click here and choose Save As.
Podcast feed: subscribe to https://feeds.simplecast.com/4MvgQ73R in your favorite podcast app, and follow us on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Podcasts.
- OOUX.com — Sophia’s website
- The Object-Oriented User — Sophia’s article
- Userlist, ActiveCampaign — popular email marketing tools
- The ORCA process — the 15-step design process
- The UI Audit — Jane’s book
- OO User Interfaces — a book by Dave Collins
- Atomic Design — a book by Brad Frost
- The Object Map — the quick start guide
- Mural, Miro — popular visualization tools
- CTA Matrix
- Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD — popular design tools
- HubSpot, Athena Healthcare, Webflow — examples of great OOUX design
- OOUX.com/hi/uibreakfast — resources and coupon code for listeners
- Follow Sophia on Twitter
This episode is brought to you by Springboard. Launch your design career with a bootcamp built on mentorship, backed by a job guarantee. Springboard’s UX Design and UI/UX Design bootcamps are 100% online, but that doesn’t mean you’re doing it alone. Every student gets a personal mentor and career coach, plus you’ll work with a real client on a project for your portfolio. Visit https://bit.ly/springboard-ui-breakfast and get a $1,250 discount using promo code NYUIBREAKFAST1250.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.