Can play and delight be an afterthought? Or must they be integral to a product from day one? Our guest today is Richard Ward, chief design officer at Otter.ai. You'll learn how to balance designing for delight and utility, how to bring joy to product users, ways to get design inspiration, and more.
- Otter.ai — Richard’s place of work
- Frog Design, MetaLab — famous design agencies
- Donut, Bonusly — examples of playful tools
- Episode 91: Meaningful Motion in UX with Adrian Zumbrunnen
- Pitch — a presentation design tool
- Dribble, Product Hunt, Design Sprint Kit — resources for design inspiration
- Outline — Google’s tool for VPN
- Page Flows — a collection of UX flows
- Retool — a tool for quickly building internal tools
- Careers at Otter.ai
- Otter.ai free trial
This episode is brought to you by InVision. When collaboration thrives, work becomes more inclusive, creative and impactful. Whether it’s strategic plans or spontaneous brainstorms, InVision brings all your people, tools, and ideas together in one real-time collaborative workspace. InVision makes it easy for teams to connect, align, and do incredible work–together. Try it for free at invisionapp.com/go/uibreakfast.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.