These days, you can talk with the digital things around you, like voice assistants and chatbots. How are these experiences designed? Our guest today is Rebecca Evanhoe, co-author of Conversations with Things. You’ll learn about the four pillars of conversational design, what prototyping looks like for this field, how to develop a personality for your voice application, and more.
- Conversations with Things – Rebecca’s book with Diana Deibel
- UI Breakfast Episode 68 with Jonathan Stark
- UI Breakfast Episode 173 with Sina Kahen
- Siri, Alexa – some of the first voice assistants
- Wizard of Oz testing
- Roo – Planned Parenthood’s chat bot
- Voiceflow, Botmock, Botsociety – popular mapping tools
- Follow Women in Voice on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Lisa Falkson, Cathy Pearl – conversational designers
- Follow Rebecca on Twitter
This episode is brought to you by Zeplin. Publish finalized designs with one click, provide developers the specs they really need, and share your design system all in an organized workspace that's easy for the entire team to use. From PMs, QA engineers, to executives, Zeplin gives you a place where everyone can collaborate to ship beautiful products together. Get started for free at zeplin.io
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here’s how.