Are you controlling your mind, or is your mind controlling you? Whether you realize it or not, your mind is a powerful thing. It has a significant impact on your life, either for good or for bad. Come learn the secret of how to win the battle between your ears.
Questions to consider:
- How do you think living in a world of over-information has a positive or negative impact on our minds?
- Can you think of a time you believed something that turned out to be untrue?
- What do the following verses say about our minds and memorizing/meditating on?
- Philippians 4:8
- Matthew 4:4
- Acts: 20:35
- Joshua 1:8
- Psalm 1:1-2
- Psalm 119: 9, 11, 15, 23, 27, 48, 78, 97, 99
- Colossians 3:2, 16
- Romans 12:2
- Ephesians 4:23
- 1 Corinthians 2:16
- Get Out of your Head by Jennie Allen
- Habits of Grace by David Mathis
- The Social Dilemma (Netflix)
- "Bible is the Words of God?" Podcast by the Porch
- "Can We Trust the Bible?" Podcast by the Porch
Podcasters: Jena Miller & Alex Heislen
This is an encounter session from SMC 2021 (Student Mobilization Conference)