In this first making meaning episode, we’re diving into how our time with Dr. Laurie Olsen, Dr. Kathy Escamilla, and Dr. Jody Slavick helps us better understand literacy:
- the explicit attention to oracy in every classroom
- the professional learning needs of educators
- and the family engagement “invitation.”
The episode is a mix of analysis of episodes 1-5 of this series, and ideas for you to consider for your students.
• Office of English Language Acquisition’s Webinar on Effective literacy instruction for multilingual learners: What it is and what it looks like https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NgyKUOG8SraHziLj4nNL6w
• The College Board AP Program https://ap.collegeboard.org/