Emergency medicine as it stands today in America is a failed concept. It often operates on a fast food franchise mentality based upon convenience and volume with the presumption of sustainable resources and unlimited growth. However, emergency medicine more often than not, exists in a continuous crisis mode insufficiently resourced, understaffed, and improperly funded.
Deep Cuts (B Side)
· Health vs Healthcare –Right v Profit
· The cost of convenience
· Ignorance –the most profitable and pervasive of all diseases
· Sustainability, Homeostasis, and thermodynamics
· A Better Way –Other models of health (Global)
· Why more, bigger and faster is not always the answer