In Episode 54 of the Feed U Podcast this week I am breaking down a compelling About page that will not only drive more sales, but also more traffic to your website.
But, what's the big deal with the About Page, Alisa?
Little known fact, but the About Page of your website is the second most visited page on your website. Your Home and Contact pages round out 1st and 3rd place. Meaning that if your About Page isn't working for you, meaning getting visitors into your sales funnel, then it is just an empty page hogging up space on the internet. So let's get to it and make that About Page work for its room and board, don't you think?
5 Steps To a Compelling About Page:
- Do some keyword research. Yep, Google search is alive and well, so adding some keywords into your About Page will not only help your search rankings but more than likely, if done right, that page will rank all on its own. The best thing about organic search traffic - it's FREE!
- Subtly weave in your products and services and the results you have had for your customers. The key is working what you do into the story so that it appears like you are doing a favor for your audience by providing what they need and making it easily available to them.
- Identify the biggest problem your audience has. (this should sound familiar) Then follow it up with a triple shot of successful results from your clients. This builds authority for you and your brand.
- Add a clear Call To Action (CTA). 70% of small businesses lack a call to action on their website. So adding one here will propel you past others and grow your email list faster. If people are visiting this page, why not feed them some love and add them to your email list.
- Create a design that is attractive to your Ideal Client Avatar. Make it easy for them to continue down the page and learn more. This includes adding your personality into the page, I recommend leaving the canned headshot for your LinkedIn page and instead hire a photographer to add some gumption to this page.
Some additional elements to consider for your About Page
- Write a compelling, attention-grabbing headline. Something WAY more interesting than About Us.
- Include some interesting imagery that goes with your story.
- Add in some of your favorite testimonials.
- Tell your story by sharing the problem you solve, the results you have achieved for yourself, but also for your customers. Your prospects are looking for relatability.
- Include that call to action so they can learn more and you can get them on your email list.
- Focus on teaching and not experience. Keep asking the question - "What does my potential customer need?
- Make sure your site is secure.
- Test your page load speed.
- Ask friends and family to test your site and page navigation for ease of use.
- Think about your Ideal Customer when choosing colors and also consider color psychology.
- Think about adding a video.
- If you have team bios, move them to a separate page.
Come and tell me in the Facebook Group. Not in the group yet? Consider this your official invitation to join me in my Facebook Group. I talk all things online business growth but specifically sales funnels, branding and WordPress.Download the transcript here.