On the 4th May 2016, Natalie Hemming was reported missing by her mother. This triggered one of the biggest man hunts in Milton Keynes history as the public searched for the missing mother of three. This is a story of domestic abuse, coercive control, and ultimately, murder.
**Listener discretion is always advised**
If you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, please seek help. Abuse is not always physical; if someone gaslights you, isolates you from your loved ones, controls what you wear and where you go, or prevents you from having financial independence, this is also abuse! Please see a list of resources that can help you in your time of need:
- Getting help during the Coronavirus pandemic - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/domestic-abuse-how-to-get-help?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4L2BBhCvARIsAO0SBdazlu4Nsnw07i2ldiMEeNzQ1XHRD8G_PEfLXQMavqajtucsQzOenAIaAo8oEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
There are many resources list on the above website for a range of different situations. Many agencies have call, text, and email contacts, so you do not need to call if you are not safe! If you are in immediate danger, call the emergency services.
- Women's Aid - https://www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/
- Safe Spaces (Ask for Ani) - https://uksaysnomore.org/safespaces/
- Refuge - https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/ (0808 2000 247)
- Men's Advice Line - https://mensadviceline.org.uk/ (0808 801 0327 [email protected])
- Galop - https://www.galop.org.uk/galop-to-run-national-lgbt-domestic-violence-helpline (0800 999 5428)
- Karma Nirvana - https://karmanirvana.org.uk/ (0800 5999 247 [email protected])
- Behind Closed Doors - Through the Eyes of a Child (BBC)
- Catching a Killer - The Search for Natalie Hemming (Channel 4)