- Scott’s microphone is marginally improved, though slightly robotic
- John’s feelin’ good post-meltdown and the farm’s running smoothly
- Bears! A bear on the farm
- There are B.S. artists out there. Dr. Oz is one. The Food Babe is another
- The Food Babe makes some pretty outrageous claims
- John gets questions about “chicken hormones” at the market
- Among other things, worrying about food trends (e.g. uh oh, eggs are bad for you again) encouraged John to pay closer attention to food
- John read a book about how information spreads on the internet, Trust Me I’m Lying by Ryan Holiday
- Generating ad revenue from content tends to dilute credibility
- A portion of the internet runs on “Google University”
- John started Food Cyclist Farm as a result of reading about how approachable and profitable farming can be
- We think Joel Salatin is great…
- … but his is one of the books that paint a rosy picture of farming
- Poultry farming was tough, but it resulted in an opportunity to manage Camps Road Farm
- The “farming is easy” content seems to mostly homesteading-skewed
- Young people getting into farming use the blog posts and books as a means to convince them it’s easily achievable
- Call to action: share your story. Share your insights with the farming community
- YouTube has become the great source for how-to; a major change from 10 years ago
- Hacking/remix culture has been a great way to iteratively improve methods over time
⬅ Previous Episode
Next Episode ➡
Join Matt Wheaton (The How-To Scholar) in his weekly podcasts that discuss topics in education and business. Interviews, teaching methods, and documenting the process of creating a business in the field of education technology will be common themes of discussion, but you never kn...
Podcasts for the journals of the British Ecological Society Ecological Solutions and Evidence Functional Ecology Journal of Ecology Journal of Animal Ecology Journal of Applied Ecology Methods in Ecology and Evolution People and Nature Covering new developments in ecology aroun...
Teaching financial wellness & promoting financial literacy. Tired of the same old money advice from road weary gurus? We talk about the math, yes, but this show focuses primarily on the psychology of money. Usually the biggest obstacle to financial success is your current thin...
Talking Up Music Education is a podcast from The NAMM Foundation hosted by Mary Luehrsen that celebrates music learning through conversations with artists, teachers and students, music business professionals, and thought leaders who are passionate about music education....
Thought-provoking videos about life and being human, with ideas from business leaders, psychologists and researchers speaking onstage at the TED conference, TEDx events and partner events around the world. You can also download these and many other videos free on TED.com, with an...
Stay current with the latest studies in radiation oncology with free podcasts from the official journals of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO). The International Journal of Radiation Oncology-Biology-Physics (the Red Journal) publishes the latest clinical researc...