Everywhere you turn, it seems as though someone is trying to separate you from your hard-earned cash. If you want to keep your money safe, you need to avoid financial scams.
Mark Tan from Thrivent Financial joins us to talk about common scams and how to spot — and avoid — them. We also talk about identity theft, how to protect your identity and what to do if your identity is compromised.
Some important issues discussed in this episode:
- What are the most common financial scams, and how do scammers prey on their victims?
- What makes us think that scams are legit?
- Tips to help you avoid financial scams in the future
- Red flags that indicate you could be looking at a scam or vulnerable to identity theft
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special guest: Mark Tan from Thrivent Financial
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney