According to TheKnot.com, the average wedding costs more than $30,000. Even more conservative estimates put the average cost of a wedding at more than $20,000. But do you really have to spend that much?
Sandy Smith from Yes, I Am Cheap spent less than $5,000 on her wedding in New York City. She, and the members of our panel, have tips on how to save money on your wedding. You don’t need to go into debt to have a great wedding.
Important issues discussed in this episode:
- Why do people spend so much money on weddings?
- What are the least expensive times to plan your wedding?
- How can you make the most of today’s technology to save money on your wedding?
- What are some of the best strategies to save money on your wedding?
- Do you really need to spend tens of thousands of a wedding?
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special guest: Sandy Smith from Yes, I Am Cheap
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney