Parent Your Highly Sensitive Child Like A Ninja
You are a parent of a Highly Sensitive Child and are ready to gain skills that will help you feel capable and confident disciplining your child or teen while helping them feel understood in a world that says they are "too much". Each week, Megghan Thompson, an experienced mental health therapist and Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S), dives into the topic of parenting highly sensitive children and teens. If you're ready to stop drowning in your child's explosive and out of control emotions and eliminate daily meltdowns, this show is for you.
🎧 Podcast episodesListen to 164 episodes
46 minutes · 1 week ago
164. Breaking the Meltdown Cycle - Why Doesn’t Therapy Work for This Issue?
30 minutes · 2 weeks ago
163. End of School Year: What Supporting Your HSC Through School Transitions Looks Like
19 minutes · 3 weeks ago
162. Invite Yourself to Dream!
24 minutes · 4 weeks ago
161. What Your Child's Behavior Really Means (It's Not What You Expect)
21 minutes · 1 month ago
160. My Sensitive Kid Can’t Handle Praise, Now What?
26 minutes · 1 month ago
159. Avoiding Punishments=Passive Parenting?
34 minutes · 1 month ago
158. Simple Steps to Build Social Skills With Your HSC
37 minutes · 1 month ago
157. Misconceptions About Highly Sensitive Children (& Why They're Harmful)
24 minutes · 2 months ago
156. Homework Problems
31 minutes · 2 months ago
155. Why You Need to Make It a Priority to Manage Your Mindset When Parenting a Highly Sensitive Child
30 minutes · 2 months ago
154. 5 Things You Can Do to Break Out of the Shutdown/irritability Cycle
31 minutes · 2 months ago
153. The Effect of the Meltdown Cycle on Your Non-Sensitive Kids
52 minutes · 2 months ago
152. 3 Reasons Your Family Members Judge Your Parenting
32 minutes · 3 months ago
151. Three Consistency Traps (Part 2)
38 minutes · 3 months ago
150. Three Consistency Traps (Part 1)
34 minutes · 3 months ago
149. My Kid Doesn’t Talk to Me About Their Emotions
36 minutes · 3 months ago
148. Thinking You Are Your Child’s “Safe Space” During Meltdowns
13 minutes · 4 months ago
147. When to Intervene at School for Your HSC - Even High Performing Students
14 minutes · 4 months ago
146. Emotional Availability for Learning
35 minutes · 4 months ago
145. 3 Myths About Psych Evals
28 minutes · 4 months ago
144. Managing the Winter Blues
40 minutes · 4 months ago
143. An Update on Suicide and Self-Harm Myths Based on Latest Research
54 minutes · 5 months ago
142. Back From Break Blow Outs
45 minutes · 5 months ago
141. They Stopped the Cycle of 5 Meltdowns a Day
14 minutes · 5 months ago
140. When Your Clap Backs to Your Kid Do More Harm Than Good
43 minutes · 5 months ago
139. They Reduced Suicidal Thoughts by More Than 90% In 8 Weeks
18 minutes · 5 months ago
138. What to Do When You Feel Like Enough Is Enough in Parenting Your HSC
31 minutes · 5 months ago
137. Managing the Holiday Break With Your Teenager
29 minutes · 5 months ago
136. The Number 1 Skill Your HSC Needs to Learn ASAP
20 minutes · 6 months ago
135. The Number 1 Belief Keeping You Stuck This Holiday Season
18 minutes · 6 months ago
134. Just a Phase
46 minutes · 6 months ago
133. Why You Keep Thinking Your Child’s Progress Is a Fluke
32 minutes · 6 months ago
132. The 3 Biggest Costs in Raising an HSC
31 minutes · 6 months ago
131. Rewriting Our Family's Story: Savannah & Alan
61 minutes · 6 months ago
130. Creating a Peaceful Home With Two HSCs
37 minutes · 6 months ago
129. Is a Mental Health Diagnosis Necessary for my HSC?
19 minutes · 6 months ago
128. What Drives Sensitive Adults Towards Struggle?
31 minutes · 6 months ago
127. I Don’t Understand My Kid… How Big of a Problem Is That?
21 minutes · 7 months ago
126. Keeping It Together When Parenting Your HSC
35 minutes · 7 months ago
125. Are You Spoiling Your HSC?
19 minutes · 7 months ago
124. Your Child’s Rollercoaster of Emotions Is Not an Accurate Signal of Progress
16 minutes · 7 months ago
123. Halloween: Is It Really the Sugars and Dyes You Should Fear?
29 minutes · 7 months ago
122. 3 Questions to Ask Yourself to Stop Anxiety Related Behaviors for Your HSC
46 minutes · 7 months ago
121. I Can’t Believe Professionals Get This so WRONG.
12 minutes · 7 months ago
120. Ever Feel Justified in Telling Your Kid to Suck It Up
45 minutes · 7 months ago
119. Sensory Issues Causing Struggles?
20 minutes · 7 months ago
118. Happiness Is an Illusion
35 minutes · 8 months ago
117. Meltdowns Making You Embarrassed?
Parenting Your Sensitive Child
Parenting a highly sensitive child can feel overwhelming, and all the parenting books in the world can only get you so far if your head and your heart are out of alignment with your child's. Each week life coach Julia McGarey shares her experience of high sensitivity and guides y...
AT Parenting Survival Podcast: Parenting | Child Anxiety | Child OCD | Kids & Family
The truth is we are all surviving parenting one day at a time. Add child anxiety or childhood OCD and it can be overwhelming! On The AT Parenting Survival Podcast your host Natasha Daniels will ride the Parental roller coaster with you. She will teach you parenting approaches to...
The Highly Sensitive MD
Are you a doctor or doctor in training who’s found yourself more emotionally affected by your patients, more startled by your pager buzzing, more overwhelmed by the sights, sounds and smells of the hospital and more obsessed and exhausted by the desire to get everything right? If...
Highly Sensitive, Happily Married
Marriage Coach and HSP Love Expert Hannah Brooks teaches sensitive women how to not only have an easier marriage but to have a marriage where love, understanding, lightness, and connection gets deeper every day. Highly Sensitive people have unique differences that lead to predi...
Highly Sensitive Humans Podcast
The Highly Sensitive Humans Podcast offers insight into the world of the Highly Sensitive Person, and helps those who identify with the traits of high sensitivity to feel more empowered and resilient without denying their authentic gifts.
The Highly Sensitive Podcast
The Highly Sensitive Podcast is hosted by Lauren LaSalle, former therapist, highly sensitive person, and Boundary Setting Coach for HSPs. This bi-weekly podcast covers information and tips relevant to HSPs as well as interviews with highly sensitive people. The hope for this podc...
The Highly Sensitive Astrologer
On The Highly Sensitive Astrologer we explore astrology, herbalism, intuition and most importantly, becoming empowered as sensitive souls. Ash Gravity, your host, is a queer witch, astrologer and herbalist. Let's explore the power of sensitivity through the language of the univer...
My Highly Sensitive Heart
To create an honest space to talk about emotions, film, music, and how to recharge as a Highly Sensitive Person. 💖