The Focus Group is a project of experimental electronic musician and graphic designer Julian House. His releases are on his own label, Ghost Box Music. The Focus Group's sound is a blend of influences ranging from old library music sounds, sixties-inspired pastiches, and soundtracks to 1970s films and programmes, as well as the sound collage of musique concrète.
House has acknowledged the debt that The Focus Group's sound owes to library music produced in the 1970s, to soundtrack documentaries, public information films, and soundtracks.
- Hey Let Loose Your Love was featured in The Wire's top 50 albums of 2005.
- Broadcast and The Focus Group investigate Witch-cults of the Radio Age was The Wire 's top album of 2009.
House is also noted as a graphic designer; his work has included cover art for Broadcast, Stereolab, Martina Topley-Bird, Razorlight, and Primal Scream.
- 2004 Sketches and Spells (CD-R, album)
- 2005 Hey Let Loose Your Love (CD, mini-album)
- 2007 We Are All Pan's People (CD, album)
- 2009 Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio Age (CD, collaboration with Broadcast. Released on Warp Records)
- 2013 The Elektrik Karousel (CD, album)