Catherine Kim Duc is an Australian composer and producer of music blending elements of ambient, classical, electronica and world music. Her work has been aired on Australian Broadcasting Corporation's ABC Jazz. In 2005 Duc issued her debut album, Visions and Dreams.
Catherine Kim Duc was born in Melbourne. She started her musical journey from a young age. As a child, Duc studied keyboard and classical piano and later completed studies in music arrangement, live recording and production at the Alfred Brash Sound House in the Melbourne Concert Hall. She also has a Diploma in Film Music Composition from The London School of Creative Studies. Her work has been aired on Australian Broadcasting Corporation's ABC Jazz. In July 2005 Duc issued her debut album, Visions and Dreams, and the following year she supplied keyboards for Priscilla Hernández' album, Ancient Shadows.
In October 2012 Duc released her latest single, "Single Glance", which was produced by Stuart Epps (Elton John, Robbie Williams). In an interview with Vents Magazine she revealed that she was finishing work on her second album and that the album has a lot more Celtic influences compared to her previous album, with a greater focus on live instruments (ranging from acoustic and electric guitars to mandolins, Irish flutes and bagpipes).
Duc's music is a blend of Celtic and world melodies with contemporary electronica rhythms and atmospheric soundscapes. Anna Kosmanovski of Mediasearch described her style as "neo classical" and "Celtic, mystical sounding electronic, has none of the lullaby substance of ordinary classical music".
- Visions and Dreams - The Orchard (5 July 2005)
- "Single Glance" (26 October 2012) (Digital release only)
- 2012: Music Oz Awards,Instrumental Finalist
- 2011: Hollywood Music in Media Awards, New Age Nomination
- 2008: Toronto International Music Awards, International Instrumental CD Album & Best International Instrumental Up and Coming Producer
- 2007: International Music Online Awards, Best Instrumental Artist
- 2006: Los Angeles Music Awards, Instrumental Artist of The Year
- 2006: Just Plain Folks Music Awards, World Music Nomination
- 2005: Unisong International Songwriting Contest, Honorable Mention - Instrumental
- 2002: Philips Australia Song Competition, Best Dance/Electronica Song
- at AllMusic